5 Things You Need To Know Before Buying Vertical Blinds
Vertical blinds have become extremely popular in the past decade, and they offer the home or business elegant screening that is easy to clean. Most vertical blinds are made from strong fabric that is easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth, and with state of the art tracking, the blinds are easy to adjust. There are certain factors you need to bear in mind when ordering vertical blinds, and without further ado, here they are.
- Ideal for Dark Rooms – If your lounge is a little on the dark side, vertical blinds will allow a lot of light into the room, and with fine adjustment, you won’t lose out on your privacy. The best colours for such a room are white or cream as this will add some light inside the room, and with a choice of adjustment systems, moving the blinds is effortless.
- A Wide Selection of Slat Widths – The width of the vertical slats really should depend on the size of the opening the blinds will cover, and could be anything from 3.5 inches to one foot – which would be for large spaces. The narrower styles are suitable for most homes, and with an online supplier, you can browse to your heart’s content before finally making your choice, and with a secure online payment and your precise measurements, the blinds will fit like a glove.
- Range of Materials – Vertical blinds can be made from fabric, aluminium, composites, or even timber, which does give the homeowner a range of options to keep things in line with the overall décor. You can purchase quality vertical blinds in the UK only at Made To Measure Blinds, who are market leaders for tailored screening solutions.
- Two Ways of Fixing – Vertical blinds can either be fitted inside the window or door aperture, or on the outside, and of course, you would have to decide when ordering. The supplier’s website would have all the instructions for measuring, which will ensure a perfect fit, and with a range of colours and patterns, the vertical blinds will certainly brighten things up. For more information on how to clean vertical blinds, there are helpful online guides that detail the best methods to clean the units.
- Made to Measure Solutions – If you manage to find a good online supplier, they will fabricate the blinds to your exact measurements, and with easy to follow fitting instructions, you can actually save some money. All you need are the basic handyman’s tools and an electric drill and the blinds will be fitted before you know it.
Many homeowners around the world have made the switch to vertical blinds, and with so many benefits, it’s easy to see why. If you would like to browse a great selection, there are specialised online suppliers who will make the units to your specifications and you will receive them within a few days. The vast range of styles and materials means finding the ideal combination an easy task, and with very precise measuring, you can be sure the blinds will be a perfect fit.